A disorganized home creates stress...emotionally, mentally, and physically. Too much stuff in our homes is one of the greatest stress triggers. When we have a lot of stuff and disorganization in our homes, we can become overwhelmed and it can cause chronic anxiety and restlessness.

For most of us, all this "stuff" accumulates over time. We don’t notice how much stuff we are accumulating until we hit a breaking point.  Often it's a major life event — such as a move, death, marriage, divorce, or even empty nesting – that forces us to find organization and balance...to simplify, so that we can move on free from the weight of objects that have outlived their usefulness to us or that carry memories of the past.

Organize your home...organize your mind.  Take the time to put your home in order and your thoughts will become clearer.  I have read the Kon-Mari Method, which I found helpful and definitely simplifying.  I must caution that I did throw away A LOT of things that I have needed since.  It may be that I was a bit impulsive in my attempt to gain control and peace instantly. There is no magic remedy for the clutter and chaos that has built up over time.

Sometimes, in this rush-rush, extremely fast-paced and seemingly disposable world we live in, we are too quick to discard people and things.  We believe that out of sight is out of mind, but the people and memories that truly impact us, cannot be erased...they always resurface.

EVERYTHING IN MODERATION...Eat often (small amounts), Stay open to Love (not everyone has rock climbing skills),  Cherish every Breath (we only get a finite number),  Practice Yoga (nourishes the body and mind), Stay Humble (be a better you, Be Kind to Everyone you meet (you never know what people are going through or why your paths have crossed), Be Kind to Yourself (you are doing the best that you can-this life is not easy), Laugh often (it burns calories), Laugh at yourself (this builds humility), Be Good company (you attract who and what you are), Spend Time with your Family (remember whens are what life is about).

Comments

12/28/2016 05:08

12/28/2016 10:29

I believe this to be sad and true...

I totally agree to you. Messy home is really a stressful matter. Whenever we are at home, we should be relaxed and comfy, but if it is messy then it will put a lot of stress on our mind. Maybe a general cleaning will help because our home was full of stuff that some of it is already useless. My mind is also unorganized because of the problem I have with my boyfriend, work and many more. I have to create something to balance everything and make everything organize. I know it is going to require a lot of time, but for sure everything is going to be alright.

05/04/2017 07:33

Thank you for posting your comment. I sincerely believe if you organize your home or your "life", you will find peace within your mind. Sometimes this life is difficult and all the demands and stresses cause our lives... and our minds to get off focused and cluttered. I am sorry for the problem with your boyfriend, but I can assure you, that things will work out, somehow. Sometimes it takes going through all of the heartache and confusion and lots of time, before you can look back and find the meaning or the lesson. Simply said, right? I understand that some things that we experience become permanent scars and always affect our thoughts, going forward. The best advice I can give is to have a VERY GOOD support system outside your boyfriend. Trust in this. Feel free to message me privately for any other help.

Check TBD home page for the Life Lessons from our dogs and
Live a Brown Dog Life!!

12/28/2016 06:54

An organized home does eventually lead to a healthier lifestyle. Moderation in everything matters which remains the case in everything, especially your diet.

12/28/2016 10:31

I agree, nutrition is an important element and the choices we make regarding diet have lasting effects. I do believe in everything in moderation...and yes for food too! Thank you for your comment.

04/24/2017 04:22

Yes, everything is connected. So I'm always trying to organize everything!

Your comment will be posted after it is approved.